|Fact & Fantasy: A History of Tavistock & District||Welding, Machine & Repair Shops - Page 146|
WELDING, MACHINE AND REPAIR SHOPS
In a farm-oriented area ... for stable cleaners.
(former Bauer Hotel Sheds; purchased by Wm. Koch in 1967)
Left to right - Mr. T. Anthony Jickling, unknown, Wilfred "Gus" Strahm, Christian Strahm, Bob Murray
Leo Dyck Garage - Public Hall Licence applied for in 1931 for a Dance Hall above the garage.
Mrs. Helen Dyck (nee Graviston) had a Beauty Parlour upstairs, later downstairs at front, where present barber shop of Ralph Graviston is located.
|PREVIOUS||TABLE OF CONTENTS||NEXT|